Little is known about the nutritional benefits that cannabis provides up until quite recently. From a dietician’s perspective, looking at the cannabis plant, it is almost like a vegetable in terms of the vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants that are packed into it. It is true that cannabis is almost the same as “hemp”, and we know the nutritional benefits that this provides, namely:
- Fantastic source of protein
- Suitable for Vegans
- Dairy and Gluten Free
- Little difficultly in digesting
- Packs in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids
As you can see, the nutritional benefits of Cannabis cannot be underestimated. Not only can it have a role in treating some chronic conditions such as pain, anxiety and epilepsy, it can revolutionize the world of nutrition at the same time.
It should be noted however that the exact makeup of cannabis is yet to be completely mapped, butit appears clear that cannabis could be as nutritious as hemp, if not more so.
Many people would be worried that you could get a “high” from using cannabis, but this would not happen as to be psychoactive, the cannabis needs to be burned. So using cannabis would just be like using tomatoes or any other vegetable if you were making a smoothie for example. There is anecdotal evidence of the effects of raw cannabis juice. An American woman who suffered from a series of debilitating conditions which left her house bound started using cannabis juice, and her quality of life improved immeasurably after using it.
Many researchershave investigated the numerous advantages for using raw cannabis and have produced a list of important points to note:
- Cannabis intake through smokingwill not treat the disease, but may relieve symptoms experienced by conditions that you have.
- If you are looking for a therapeutic dose of cannabinoids, it is best achieved through eating rather than smoking.
- As noted briefly above, when you burn cannabis, the process alters the structure of the cannabis and THC is “activated” producing a psychoactive effect and bringing to a halt the therapeutic benefits of using cannabis.
- Raw cannabis can affect antioxidant release in the brain, improving mood. Many believe cannabis can play an important role in anxiety and depression related conditions in the future.
- It has been found that raw cannabis can dramatically improve the efficiency of cells within the human body, which is still little understood.
If you are intrigued by using raw cannabis as part of your daily diet, then here are some tips for doing so:
- There is no limit on how much raw cannabis you can use.
- It can be used by anyone – young or old.
- Raw cannabis can be used in anything from salads to cannabis smoothies.
- Raw cannabis can be used as a garnish in soups or stews for example.
As you can see, there are limitless potential uses for using raw cannabis. Let us know how you get on!